Enlisted

Graduated

C.L.E.A.N. Twitter

Affiliated With

Visitors

Welcome, Guest · RSS 18-May-2024, 1:20 PM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Public » Dispute forum » Issue (Sidekick (trainer))
Issue
-tP-ScottCoyleDate: Sunday, 29-Nov-2009, 8:52 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Visitor
Awards: 0
While going through my computer during a teamview training session we found a hack called monster hack pack on my computer, as apparently is procedure, he stoped the teamview and made a screenshot of my computer physical ip and the file. Now I am informing you guys that I don't hack and never have so I am off to speak with the nieghbor inquestion and find out why my computer has a hack located on it. I will return shortly in this thread to find out what is going on.

Outcast5Date: Sunday, 29-Nov-2009, 9:30 PM | Message # 2
AngerManagement
Group: Trainers
I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but it's quite hard to believe anyone but yourself obtained the hacks on your computer. And yes, sidekick would be going by protocol.

-tP-ScottCoyleDate: Monday, 30-Nov-2009, 0:12 AM | Message # 3
Private
After talking to him, he admitted doing it. I really don't know how to show that I am not the one who did it. I dont hack and never have you can even check my ip with punk buster, I don't hack and I don't know what to say.

JudgeMeDate: Monday, 30-Nov-2009, 0:38 AM | Message # 4
Waging the war
im sorry to say scott. but here at CLEAN we have heard it all. not saying you did or didnt use hacks, but we just cant trust anyone after we find hacks on their computer. im sure we will review it more, but from my point of view... it dont look to good saying "my brother uses the computer, my friend did it, my dog got it for me... ext"

Outcast5Date: Monday, 30-Nov-2009, 1:17 AM | Message # 5
AngerManagement
Take this as a lesson to enforce more control on your computer. Don't authorize someone to use it unless you are willing to accept the consequences of whatever may happen. If possible, always have a password on your windows user account.

SidekickDate: Monday, 30-Nov-2009, 1:26 AM | Message # 6
MerX.CoalitioN
Hey man your cool guy an all but outcast is right make sure u have some control what happens to your computer. But I was following protocol. Good luck to you.

-tP-ScottCoyleDate: Monday, 30-Nov-2009, 2:32 AM | Message # 7
Private
Believe me it is a lesson learned, I also informed cbl to let them know, but if you guys come to find away for me to prove myself, then I shall as instructed. Until then I guess I will just spend each day kicking Shawn in his arse. Unless you guys can help me come up with a monetary value I could put on him as a payback?

Once again all I can say is I am not a hacker and I'll do whatever I can to prove it, i'll do it. Thanks for not automatically assuming I was a dirt bag. I can see how you guys aren't (lack of a better word) able to trust anyone, since a majority of people you guys catch are lieing, hacking kids, all I can do is say it wasnt me. I am open to a teamview at anytime, If I am playing on combat arms with any of you guys and you feel as though I am hacking feel free to ask me to jump out of game for a teamview.

PepprDate: Monday, 30-Nov-2009, 1:56 PM | Message # 8
AngerManagement
Group: Administrators
We arent questioning whether youre a hacker....In fact, it seems several of the staff members around here think youre a cool guy and are inclined to believe you.

The problem here stems from the fact that we cant put our stamp of approval (CLEAN Graduation) on a computer that may show up with hacks later or be used to hack ingame because the owner doesnt have it secured. If your machine is used later to hack with, by your neighbor, it still shows as an account that graduated from CLEAN.

We wont risk muddying our reputation if you dont care enough about being CLEAN to secure your PC.

The main thing we are trying to instill in people here is a sense of personal responsibility for what happens in their clans, and on their machines. Hacking in itself is finally only a symptom of either a lack of discipline, a lack of security, a lack of personal responsibility, or all of the above.

For any of those reasons, we will deny.

Understand that we are not accusing you of hacking, neither are we labeling you a hacker to the community. We simply cannot and will not graduate members that either apply or play the game on unsecured machines.

Thanks for understanding.

Forum » Public » Dispute forum » Issue (Sidekick (trainer))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Managed Clans© 2024
Hosted by uCoz