Enlisted

Graduated

C.L.E.A.N. Twitter

Affiliated With

Visitors

Welcome, Guest · RSS 18-May-2024, 6:52 AM

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Public » General Discussion » NEXON TOS ALERT (New TOS can see you banned for your browser history)
NEXON TOS ALERT
Jim216Date: Monday, 14-Dec-2009, 9:43 AM | Message # 1
Robert-the-Bruce
Group: Visitor
Awards: 0

EXCERPT FROM NEW NEXON TOS:
2.4 Hardware and Software Access. You hereby acknowledge that:

2.4.1 The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, certain information about your computer or software, including, but not limited to, your operating system, identification of your hard drives, central processing unit, IP address, and Internet browser for purposes of identification.

2.4.2 The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, non-personal information from your connection to the Service or Site for demographic purposes.

2.4.3 The Company has the right to obtain, without notification to you, information from your computer, software, and parts or portions thereof, including, without limitation, your computer's random access memory, video card, central processing unit, hard drive(s) and any other storage devices to assist our efforts in policing users who may develop and/or use "hacks" and/or "cheats" to gain advantage over other users. The information obtained in this Section will only be used for the purpose of identifying persons or entities not in compliance or believed by the Company to not be in compliance with this Agreement and any and all other Company rules, policies, notices and/or agreements.

Thanks to Auteus (LGC Anti-Cheat Staff) for ACTUALLY reading the new Nexon TOS, BEWARE:

Auteus: "I was looking over the new TOS, and one of the things they could do with that new TOS is ban you for having hacking websites in your history or cookies. I recommend visiting those sites in a standalone browser (like portable firefox) and clearing the history/cookies on exit. I believe nexon may start examining these things soon, whether they act on them or not is another story."

Bottomline, TV'ers staying on top of the latest and greatest hacks could risk banning.

Jim216
Robert-the-Bruce
robert-the-bruce.org

ChaeChewDate: Monday, 14-Dec-2009, 9:52 AM | Message # 2
Managed Clans
Group: Head Trainer
Nice catch on the TOS.

Hope people heed this warning and prevent themselves from getting banned.
Send our thanks.

Gadman56Date: Tuesday, 15-Dec-2009, 5:52 PM | Message # 3
AngerManagement
Group: Trainers
Is it true in Nexon's TOS that you are not allowed to run Combat Arms via Combat Arms Direct?

KGIXXER7Date: Tuesday, 15-Dec-2009, 10:09 PM | Message # 4
75 RANGER RGT
Group: Graduate
I don't know about the TOS, but HIME on the nexon site posted it as a solution to website launching solutions...

"A few solutions for “Start Combat Arms from the website” issues

1. Re-install Combat Arms. Your client may have been corrupted during the patching process.
2. We have noticed an issue with FireFox for "Start Combat Arms from the website." Please use a different browser as we investigate this.
3. Go into your Combat Arms folder and launch Combat Arms through the CombatArms_Direct.exe"

full link here...

http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/3793270.aspx

Added (15-Dec-2009, 10:09 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Also a few patches ago alot of people had to manually update their hackshield folder's by deleting it and replacing it with a new one. That would seem like it would go against nexon's TOS as well...but we had to do it.

just what i know biggrin

SidekickDate: Wednesday, 16-Dec-2009, 4:04 AM | Message # 5
MerX.CoalitioN
Group: Trainers
Yeah they add some new stuff to the ToS but i have not found any were that has said that you cant start combat from the direct way. But would use the web site any way.

_ExecutionerDate: Thursday, 17-Dec-2009, 12:42 PM | Message # 6
Not Your Clan
Group: Visitor
Whats nice is most hackers wont read the TOS well come to think of it most users don't but yes good find actually read that the other day when I was looking for more in depth help with hackers on nexon. Needless to say they didn't have much other then report them.

Forum » Public » General Discussion » NEXON TOS ALERT (New TOS can see you banned for your browser history)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Managed Clans© 2024
Hosted by uCoz